It is time for another “Top Ten Tuesday” here on TrulyLuminary and this week we are going to look at the top ten young adult novels according to the New York Times Best Seller List for this week.
Here are the top ten YA books for this week:
- The Demigod Diaries by Rick Riordan. – Lore on the Heroes of Olympus and Percy Jackson books.
- Michael Vey: Rise of the Elgen by Richard Paul Evans. – A quest to save Michael’s mother.
- Insurgent by Veronica Roth. – In this sequel to Divergent, a faction war looms.
- Wonder by R.J. Palacio. – A boy with a deformity enters a new school.
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. – A 16-year-old heroine faces the medical realities of cancer.
- The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer. Illustrated by Brandon Dorman. – An old book offers a passage into the lives of fairy-tale characters.
- Middle School: Get Me out of Here! by James Patterson and Chris Tebbetts. Illustrated by Laura Park. – Seventh grade is more competitive than expected.
- The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan. – The cast of characters expands in Book 2 of the Heroes of Olympus series.
- Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult and Samantha van Leer. – A story about a girl who crosses the border between reality and fantasy.
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. – A story about children who live in a mysterious orphanage.
Have you read any of the books on this list? Do any of these books look interesting to you? Are there any books on that list that you are surprised about?