Sofia Coppola’s The Bling Ring premiered at day two of the 66th Annual Cannes Film Festival and photos of the red carpet event, a cast photo call, and a Festival Panel have hit the web!
Cast members Emma Watson, Taissa Farmiga, Israel Broussard, Katie Chang, and Claire Alys Julien were present for both the photo call and the major premiere event. However, cast members Erin Daniels, Gavin Rossdale, Kirsten Dunst, Leslie Mann, and Maika Monroe were not present.
As previously reported, Coppola wrote the screenplay and directed the film, which is based on real events, The story follows a group of fame-obsessed teenagers who use the Internet to track celebrities’ whereabouts and to try to rob their homes. Plus, it was also recently announced that The Bling Ring will be theatrically released on June 14, 2013.
Are you interested in seeing this film? Do you enjoy Sofia Coppola’s work as a director? What do you think of the cast behind this film? What do you think of Watson’s choice to be a part of this movie?
Take a look at the photos from The Bling Ring events at Cannes in the gallery and share your thoughts in the comments below!
Fans of the hit show, American Horror Story, maybe be interested in hearing this recent bit of casting news. The show’s co-creator Ryan Murphy announced the news via twitter this morning that Oscar-nominated actress Gabourey Sidibe (Precious), has been cast in a role for season three.
Most of the fans of the show may already know that the third season is entitled American Horror Story: Coven. Sidibe will be working with on the show Kathy Bates, whom was also recently cast in a role for season three. American Horror Story also stars Jessica Lange, Taissa Farmiga, Evan Peters, Sarah Paulson, Frances Conroy, and Lily Rabe. There are not too many details about the characters Sidibe and Bates will be playing, but it is reported that this season is going to involve more witches. Be sure to check back in for more details soon!
Are you a fan of American Horror Story? Will you be tuning in when season three premieres this October? What do you think of this casting news? What kind of character do you think Sidibe will be playing?
Entertainment TonightCanada recently shared a full list of the 66th annual Cannes Film Festival lineup. This year is a big year at the festival because some major stars are going to be showing up and some highly anticipated films are going to be premiering. For instance, The Great Gatsby will be opening the festival on May 15 and The Bling Ring will be opening the Un Certain Regard program of the festival.
In addition, Steven Soderbergh’s HBO miniseries, Behind The Candelabra will be premiering and competing at the festival along with several other films and shows.
Nicolas Winding Refn’s Only God Forgives, featuring Ryan Gosling as a British gangster set in Bangkok’s criminal underworld, will be competing. Inside Llewyn Davis, starring Carey Mulligan and Justin Timberlake and directed by the Coen brothers, will also be competing.
Two other films competing include director Alexander Payne’s comedy, Nebraska, starring Bruce Dern and Will Forte and James Gray’s drama set in the 1920s, The Immigrant, starring Jeremy Renner, Joaquin Phoenix and Marion Cotillard. The festival takes place in Cannes, France from May 15 to May 26. Take a look at the full lineup for the 2013 Cannes Film Festival below:
• The Great Gatsby (Baz Luhrmann)
• Behind the Candelabra (Steven Soderbergh)
• Borgman (Alex van Warmerdam)
• The Great Beauty (Paolo Sorrentino)
• Grigris (Mahamet Saleh-Haroun)
• Heli (Amat Escalante)
• The Immigrant (James Gray)
• Inside Llewyn Davis (Joel and Ethan Coen)
• Jeune et jolie (Francois Ozon)
• Jimmy P. (Arnaud Desplechin)
• La Vie d’Adele (Abdellatif Kechiche)
• Like Father, Like Son (Hirokazu Kore-eda)
• Michael Kohlhaas (Arnaud des Pallieres)
• Nebraska (Alexander Payne)
• Only God Forgives (Nicolas Winding Refn)
• The Past (Asghar Farhadi)
• Straw Shield (Takashi Miike)
• A Touch of Sin (Jia Zhangke)
• Un chateau en Italie (Valeria Bruni-Tedeschi)
• Venus in Fur (Roman Polanski)
OUT OF COMPETITION
• All Is Lost (J.C. Chandor)
• Blood Ties (Guillaume Canet)
UN CERTAIN REGARD
• OPENER: The Bling Ring (Sofia Coppola)
• Anonymous (Mohammad Rasoulof)
• As I Lay Dying (James Franco)
• The Bastards (Claire Denis)
• Bends (Flora Lau)
• Death March (Adolfo Alix Jr.)
• Fruitvale Station (Ryan Coogler)
• Grand Central (Rebecca Zlotowski)
• La Jaula de Oro (Diego Quemada-Diez)
• L’image manquante (Rithy Panh)
• L’inconnu du lac (Alain Guiraudie)
• Miele (Valeria Golino)
• Norte, hangganan ng kasaysayan (Lav Diaz)
• Omar (Hany Abu-Assad)
• Sarah prefere la course (Chloe Robichaud)
• Bite the Dust (Taisia Igumentseva)
• Muhammad Ali’s Greatest Fight (Stephen Frears)
• Seduced and Abandoned (James Toback)
• Stop the Pounding Heart (Roberto Minervini)
• Weekend of a Champion (Roman Polanski)
GALA SCREENING IN HONOR OF INDIA
• Bombay Talkies (Anurag Kashyap, Dibakar Banerjee, Zoya Akhtar, Karan Johar)
Fans of director Sofia Coppola will be excited to know that some exclusive images have been released for her next project entitled The Bling Ring. This film has an amazing cast that includes Emma Watson, Kirsten Dunst, Leslie Mann, Taissa Farmiga, Erin Daniels, Israel Broussard, Katie Chang, Maika Monroe, Claire Alys Julien, and Gavin Rossdale.
Coppola wrote the screenplay and directed the film, which is based on real events, The story follows a group of fame-obsessed teenagers who use the Internet to track celebrities’ whereabouts and to try to rob their homes. When the first image was released last June, the film still did not have an official release date. However, it was recently announced that The Bling Ring will be hitting theaters June 14, 2013.
Today is actually Emma Watson’s birthday, so I would like to just wish her a Happy Birthday! Watson won the Trailblazer Award last night at the MTV Movie Awards for her work in the film industry. Personally, I thought that the speeches and tribute to her work was very well done and captured her career so far quite nicely.
Take a look at these exclusive images from The Bling Ring below and if you have not seen the first teaser trailer for the film, you can watch it here. What do you think of the trailer? What do you think of these new images? Does The Bling Ring look like a film you may be interested in watching?