Yesterday was the opening day of the 66th Annual Cannes Film Festival! Baz Luhrmann’s adaptation of The Great Gatsby opened the festival with a premiere event.
The Great Gatsby cast members Leonardo DiCaprio, Carey Mulligan, Tobey Maguire, Elizabeth Debicki, Isla Fisher, Joel Edgerton, and Amitabh Bachchan attended a photo call earlier in the day before the big premiere. Later in the evening, the stars walked the red carpet and were joined by several big Hollywood names; including directors Steven Spielberg and Ang Lee.
Actors such as Nicole Kidman, Julianne Moore, Freida Pinto, Christoph Waltz, Paz Vega, and Vidya Balan also attended the event. Plus, Lana Del Ray, Florence Welch, and Jay-Z attended as they all contributed to the unique soundtrack.
Take a look at the photos from the photo call and the red carpet event in the gallery below!
Have you seen The Great Gatsby in theaters yet? If so, what did you think of Luhrmann’s take on the story? Are you looking forward to hearing more about the Cannes Film Festival as it continues? Be sure to check back in for more Cannes coverage!
Entertainment TonightCanada recently shared a full list of the 66th annual Cannes Film Festival lineup. This year is a big year at the festival because some major stars are going to be showing up and some highly anticipated films are going to be premiering. For instance, The Great Gatsby will be opening the festival on May 15 and The Bling Ring will be opening the Un Certain Regard program of the festival.
In addition, Steven Soderbergh’s HBO miniseries, Behind The Candelabra will be premiering and competing at the festival along with several other films and shows.
Nicolas Winding Refn’s Only God Forgives, featuring Ryan Gosling as a British gangster set in Bangkok’s criminal underworld, will be competing. Inside Llewyn Davis, starring Carey Mulligan and Justin Timberlake and directed by the Coen brothers, will also be competing.
Two other films competing include director Alexander Payne’s comedy, Nebraska, starring Bruce Dern and Will Forte and James Gray’s drama set in the 1920s, The Immigrant, starring Jeremy Renner, Joaquin Phoenix and Marion Cotillard. The festival takes place in Cannes, France from May 15 to May 26. Take a look at the full lineup for the 2013 Cannes Film Festival below:
• The Great Gatsby (Baz Luhrmann)
• Behind the Candelabra (Steven Soderbergh)
• Borgman (Alex van Warmerdam)
• The Great Beauty (Paolo Sorrentino)
• Grigris (Mahamet Saleh-Haroun)
• Heli (Amat Escalante)
• The Immigrant (James Gray)
• Inside Llewyn Davis (Joel and Ethan Coen)
• Jeune et jolie (Francois Ozon)
• Jimmy P. (Arnaud Desplechin)
• La Vie d’Adele (Abdellatif Kechiche)
• Like Father, Like Son (Hirokazu Kore-eda)
• Michael Kohlhaas (Arnaud des Pallieres)
• Nebraska (Alexander Payne)
• Only God Forgives (Nicolas Winding Refn)
• The Past (Asghar Farhadi)
• Straw Shield (Takashi Miike)
• A Touch of Sin (Jia Zhangke)
• Un chateau en Italie (Valeria Bruni-Tedeschi)
• Venus in Fur (Roman Polanski)
OUT OF COMPETITION
• All Is Lost (J.C. Chandor)
• Blood Ties (Guillaume Canet)
UN CERTAIN REGARD
• OPENER: The Bling Ring (Sofia Coppola)
• Anonymous (Mohammad Rasoulof)
• As I Lay Dying (James Franco)
• The Bastards (Claire Denis)
• Bends (Flora Lau)
• Death March (Adolfo Alix Jr.)
• Fruitvale Station (Ryan Coogler)
• Grand Central (Rebecca Zlotowski)
• La Jaula de Oro (Diego Quemada-Diez)
• L’image manquante (Rithy Panh)
• L’inconnu du lac (Alain Guiraudie)
• Miele (Valeria Golino)
• Norte, hangganan ng kasaysayan (Lav Diaz)
• Omar (Hany Abu-Assad)
• Sarah prefere la course (Chloe Robichaud)
• Bite the Dust (Taisia Igumentseva)
• Muhammad Ali’s Greatest Fight (Stephen Frears)
• Seduced and Abandoned (James Toback)
• Stop the Pounding Heart (Roberto Minervini)
• Weekend of a Champion (Roman Polanski)
GALA SCREENING IN HONOR OF INDIA
• Bombay Talkies (Anurag Kashyap, Dibakar Banerjee, Zoya Akhtar, Karan Johar)
As the film’s May 10th release date is gets closer, Warner Brothers is busy promoting Baz Luhrmann’s adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald‘s The Great Gatsby. The studio recently released six new character posters for the film the other day and just released a new full-length trailer today.
Another poster was also recently released that features cast members Leonardo DiCaprio, Carey Mulligan, Tobey Maguire, Elizabeth Debicki, Isla Fisher, and Joel Edgerton. This is the first poster for The Great Gatsby on which all of the main cast members are featured together. (Take a look below.)
The new trailer features some never-before-seen footage from the film and gives audiences a better idea of the relationships between all of the characters in the story. Plus, it also features music from the soundtrack performed by Beyonce, Andre 3000, Lana Del Rey, and Florence + The Machine. Watch the amazing new trailer here, and take a look at a full list of songs that will be included on the soundtrack for the film:
1. 100$ Bill – JAY Z
2. Back To Black – Beyoncé x André 3000
3. Bang Bang – will.i.am
4. A Little Party Never Killed Nobody (All We Got) – Fergie + Q Tip + GoonRock
5. Young And Beautiful – Lana Del Rey
6. Love Is The Drug – Bryan Ferry with The Bryan Ferry Orchestra
7. Over The Love – Florence + The Machine
8. Where The Wind Blows – Coco O. of Quadron
9. Crazy in Love – Emeli Sandé and The Bryan Ferry Orchestra
10. Together – The xx
11. Hearts A Mess – Gotye
12. Love Is Blindness – Jack White
13. Into the Past – Nero
14. Kill and Run – Sia
What do you think of the new trailer and the new posters? Are you excited for this adaptation of The Great Gatsby? What do you think of the soundtrack list? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
Warner Brothers released six new stunning character posters for the highly anticipated Baz Luhrmann-directed adaptation of The Great Gatsby. These new characters posters feature actors Leonardo DiCaprio, Carey Mulligan, Tobey Maguire, Elizabeth Debicki, Isla Fisher, and Joel Edgerton.
For those of you unfamiliar with the story, here is an official synopsis:
The Great Gatsby follows Fitzgerald-like, would-be writer Nick Carraway (Tobey Maguire) as he leaves the Midwest and comes to New York City in the spring of 1922, an era of loosening morals, glittering jazz, bootleg kings, and sky-rocketing stocks. Chasing his own American Dream, Nick lands next door to a mysterious, party-giving millionaire, Jay Gatsby (Leonardo DiCaprio), and across the bay from his cousin, Daisy (Carey Mulligan), and her philandering, blue-blooded husband, Tom Buchanan (Joel Edgerton). It is thus that Nick is drawn into the captivating world of the super rich, their illusions, loves and deceits. As Nick bears witness, within and without of the world he inhabits, he pens a tale of impossible love, incorruptible dreams and high-octane tragedy, and holds a mirror to our own modern times and struggles.
The Great Gatsby is going to be hitting movie theaters on May 10. Take a look at these gorgeous character posters:
Two new character posters and a brand new, full length trailer were recently released for Baz Luhrmann’s film adaptation of The Great Gatsby. These two new posters feature Leonardo DiCaprio as Jay Gatsby and Carey Mulligan as Daisy Buchanan.
The new trailer gives audiences and fans a better glimpse at DiCaprio as Gatsby and the relationships that develop between all of the characters in the story. Trust me, this is not a trailer to be missed! Everything is absolutely stunning and very visually dynamic. The sets and costumes are very period appropriate and all of the actors look amazing. You can watch the exclusive new trailer (Trailer 2) on Apple Movie Trailers or on YouTube.
What do you think of all of these new character posters and the new trailer? Are you looking forward to this film? Do you think it will gain any award attention come the 2013 award season? Remember, The Great Gatsby hits theaters May 10, 2013. Take a look at the two new character posters and a new character banner below!
Most of you are probably aware that Baz Luhrmann has been working on a film adaptation of The Great Gatsby, which has an amazing cast including Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire, Carey Mulligan, Joel Edgerton, Isla Fisher, Jason Clarke, Elizabeth Debicki, Amitabh Bachchan, and Jack Thompson.
Recently, two brand new character posters were released by Warner Brothers for the film. These new posters feature Fisher as Myrtle Wilson, Edgerton as Tom Buchanan, Debicki as Jordan Baker, and Maguire as Nick Carraway.
You can like the film’s official Facebook page here. Luhrmann’s adaptation of The Great Gatsby is currently set to hit theaters on May 10, 2013. Will you be going to theaters to see this film? Are you looking forward to seeing DiCaprio portray Gatsby? Take a look at these new posters below and let me know what you think!