It is time for another “Top Ten Tuesday” here on TrulyLuminary! This week we will be looking at the top ten young adult novels according to the New York Times Bestseller List.
Here are the top ten young adult books for this week:
- Divergent by Veronica Roth – A teenager must prove her mettle in a dystopia split into five factions.
- One Direction: Dare to Dream by the members of One Direction – Life as a boy band.
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky – What it’s like to grow up, from the perspective of a high school boy.
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak – A girl saves books from Nazi burning.
- Brave: The Junior Novelization adapted by Irene Trimble – The story of “Brave,” with images from the movie.
- The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-time Indian by Sherman Alexie – A boy leaves his reservation for an all-white school.
- The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan – A return to Camp Half-Blood and semi-divine characters.
- Matched by Ally Condie – In this dystopian romance, a girl rebels.
- Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher – Before she commits suicide, a girl sends recordings to 13 people.
- Out of My Mind by Sharon M. Draper – A brilliant girl with cerebral palsy longs for a way to speak.